The Sensory Services team of qualified social workers and Deaf Community Officers can work with you, your family or your carer.
The specialist workers have detailed knowledge, understanding of the issues that can affect a person who is D/deaf, deafened or hard of hearing. They have skills and experience to work effectively with D/deaf people, whatever your communication preferences.
We are committed to ensuring that D/deaf people in need of care and support receive high quality services. People are treated with dignity and respect whilst support is provided to ensure people experience choice and control in their lives so that they can continue to live their life in the way they wish to.
What we can provide:
- Practical and emotional support
- Supported self assessments, support plans and reviews
- Support to remain independent in your own home.
- Assistance to identify and apply for supported accommodation
- Practical support example – completing forms for housing
- Advice and information for D/deaf parents
- Guidance on developing networks to reduce isolation – often with support workers or volunteers
- Support to people seeking employment or with issues at work, for example facilitating meetings with managers or involving Access to Work.
- Facilitating equal access or assistance in negotiating with local or voluntary organisations, services of companies
Contact for support or information:
SMS: 07860 026269
Fax: 01372 360767
Voice line for Deaf/Hard of Hearing 01372 869961