If you use British Sign Language (BSL) the SignVideo service is here to help you get in touch with us easily and safely. If you would like to talk to a member of staff, SignVideo will connect you to an online interpreter who can communicate your sign language to one of our a HelpDesk Team.
When can I use it
The SignVideo service is available Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 4.45pm (excluding Bank Holidays) and is free from your home computer.
What do I need?
Just make sure you’ve got the following:
- iOS devices (8 or upwards), many Android devices (4.4 upwards), PC (i3 or above) or Mac with a webcam
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9-11 or Firefox for Windows, Safari for Mac
- Internet bandwidth of at least 256 kbp/s upload and download (384kbp/s recommended)
How do I use it?
- Click on the Connect now button below
- Follow the onscreen instructions to connect to a SignVideo interpreter
- You’ll then be connected to a Direct Line advisor in British Sign Language
You’ll need to download a one-off plug-in the first time you use the service. This will ensure good video quality and that the call is completely secure.